Stratus Imaging provides varying precision ag solutions across Australia and is the Australasian partner of Taranis. Taranis is a world-leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, part-time Sales Agronomist with a passion for Precision Ag to work with our operations manager to scale sales and create a growth-oriented business model within Australia.
This role will primarily focus on growing the Taranis operations, but will also be required to promote and sell our other precision ag services.
This initially is a part-time, home-based role of 7 hours per week with potentially additional hours and travel as sales increase.
- Clearly set expectations with client’s pre-season and follow up during the season
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, co-ops and independent crop consultants within Australia
- Working closely with the Operations manager
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver webinars and training to clients about the Taranis Platform
- Developing a yearly, quarterly, and weekly workable sales plan for Australia
- Handle any problems and issues that may arise, efficiently and quickly
- Identify business opportunities with both new and existing customers; exceed sales targets through a consultative sales process
- 3+ years of experience in agricultural input sales with a proven track record
- Have a strong network and contacts within ag-retail channels
- Good Agronomy skills in Broadacre, Horticulture and Viticulture
- Proven network and connections in the AgTech industry
- Excellent understanding of sales goals and budgets
- Experience working with Hubspot
- Travel as required
- In-depth knowledge and prior experience with Precision Ag or Imagery – Advantage!
Contact Andrew (Operations Manager) at email@example.com for more information.